[SATLUG] turning off yahoo messenger

Charles D. Hogan cd_satl at futuretechsolutions.com
Thu Dec 3 00:17:12 CST 2009

You can have gmail import mail from other addresses, including yahoo
addresses.  In gmail, you just select the settings link, then the
"Accounts and Import" tab to have gmail get your mail from other
accounts.  It doesn't check the imported accounts real-time, but
queries them every few minutes to an hour or so.  Easy enough to do,
as well as setting what addresses it shows that you are sending from.
If e-mail to your yahoo address doesn't need immediate access, (i.e.
talking to the person on the phone while they are sending it to you to
discuss details, etc...), then you should be good to go.

Charlie