[SATLUG] turning off yahoo messenger

John Pappas j at jvpappas.net
Thu Dec 3 08:43:29 CST 2009

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 22:17, Robert Pearson <e2eiod at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 9:35 PM, Bruce Dubbs <bruce.dubbs at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Actually I generally prefer to keep my email on my local machine, so I
> pop
> > it off gmail.  The only time I use the web interface is when I am out of
> > town and have my client (seamonkey) turned off.
> >
> >  -- Bruce
> > --
>
> How do you handle getting to email stored on your local machine when
> you are out of town?
> IMAP?

IIRC the GMail POP does not delete from server (User configured; default is
Keep in Inbox), so the web interface still has access to all the mail unless
user specifically deletes in POP settings on GMail.  Any organizational
structures created would not be created on the server; that would require a
sync from the client, and pop does not do that, IMAP would.

John