[SATLUG] KDE4 horizontal line menu separator

John D Choate jdchoate at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 20:44:55 CST 2009

Yes... but what I am after, is what "<Separator/>" actually causes kmenu to draw... it must get the graphic from somewhere. Whether it is an .png of a horizontal line which is being loaded up when the menus are drawn, or whatever else... I don't know. The 'unknown' icon showing in my menus tells me that it is an actual .png or other icon, possibly an svg. and that it is missing.

Here is what is displayed in kmenu, so the ability to draw the horizontal line is obviously there:
http://jdchoate.mcn.org/linux/snap05.png

But when the menu gets drawn, the lines are missing and I get an unknown icon:
http://jdchoate.mcn.org/linux/snap06.png

This is really not very important and will probably be fixed soon. I had searched through /usr/share/icons and /usr/share/pixmaps for anything with *hor* and *sep* and *line*, in hopes of finding such a graphic, but found none. I was just hoping that someone on this list may know what KDE actually uses to draw those lines.

John C.