[SATLUG] UPS auto-shutdown of Ubuntu 8.1 Server

FIRESTORM_v1 firestorm.v1 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 19:33:24 CST 2009

Hey David:

I agree with Don wholeheartedly for support of apcupsd. I had a
BackUPS 2200 that had the same USB configuration and my server was
wired to it and shut down on power failure after the batteries went
low.

Another feature is that you can also set your other Windows and Linux
machines to talk to apcupsd on your server and also shut down
accordingly.

I had three computers connected to the same UPS, and when the power
went out, the two windows boxes would shut down first, then the server
would down itself.

Nice, easy and not a pain to configure.  You can check it out here:
http://www.apcupsd.com/

If you need any help with it, I can try to help you out.

FIRESTORM_v1