[SATLUG] [OT] Moving to SA

Cheryl Holmes cherylholmes72 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 04:35:06 CST 2009

ernest, is he a mover?

Daniel..for schools I would recommend these districts...Northside ISD,
Northeast ISD, Schertz/Cibolo/Univeral City ISD, Alamo Heights ISD

Will you be renting a home, apt or buying?

I have 4 sisters scattered all over these areas as well as friends.

I live in Cibolo and it's high dollar...yiu could probably get a home for
200K plus a monthly homeowner association fee..all the homes built here I'd
say in the last 5 years have these additional fees.  The homes behind me are
very nice and start abt 250-299K,  Less pricey homes in older more
established neighborhoods off FM 3009.

More pricey homes in the gayed communities in Garden Ridge.  These areas are
nice and only a short drive to Windsor.

There are some homes off FM 1103 newer ones that are just under 200K.again a
short drive to Windsor.

Taxes are higher in SA/Bexar county than here in the Cibolo and some areas
of Schertz.

Advise having a burglar alarm system and the most energy efficient home you
can afford.  Electric is high here, higher than I recall in Austin.  CPS in
the SA area gouges people badly!  As does GVEV.

1 sister has a Medallion home and they are known to be extremely energy
efficient..she has very low electric bills over in Westover Hills off
Culebra/Guilbra Rd area. But that is a very long intesive drive to Winfdor.
Medallion has some homes off FM 1103 in Cibolo tooo.