[SATLUG] thoughts on google chrome

Todd W. Bucy toddwbucy at grandecom.net
Wed Dec 9 14:49:04 CST 2009

Daniel J. Givens wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Dec 2009 07:01:40 -0600
> Cheryl Holmes <cherylholmes72 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> thanks daniel..think i will wait for a new improved version then! c
>>

> On Windows, it's actually quite good. While the Chromium project has
> been going strong and had a mostly-usable product out for a while,
> Google has taken their work and officially released a Linux and Mac
> version as beta.
>
> There's no reason you can't try it out. Nothing saying you have to
> ditch Firefox the instant you install Chrome.

I have been using it almost exclusively on my windows machine and it
runs fast and crash free so far.  Chrome on windows seems to be much
faster then firefox, that said I do have a lot of plugins loaded on
firefox. IMO through the plugins is where firefox really shines  there
are litterally thousands of plugins.  Chrome will have a lot of work to
do in this department but Google has got the money.  I just downloaded
it for linux and will be testing Chrome on my lappy with ubuntu 9.10
over the next few days.

Todd
Todd