[SATLUG] thoughts on google chrome

Howard Haradon hharadon at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 16:48:51 CST 2009

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 3:51 PM, Cheryl Holmes <cherylholmes72 at gmail.com> wrote:
> would the install be done through synaptic?  does it give you an icon like
> firefox so that i could choose whichever browser i wanted to use?
>
> are there any advantages of chrome over firefox you think?
>
> strictly curious...and thanks c
> On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 8:37 AM, Daniel J. Givens <daniel at rugmonster.org>wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 9 Dec 2009 07:01:40 -0600
>> Cheryl Holmes <cherylholmes72 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > thanks daniel..think i will wait for a new improved version then! c
>>
>> On Windows, it's actually quite good. While the Chromium project has
>> been going strong and had a mostly-usable product out for a while,
>> Google has taken their work and officially released a Linux and Mac
>> version as beta.>>

I have used chrome a little over the past 3 weeks and
have found it to be pretty good.   Its main strengths are
speed and simple interface.  Its weaknesses are paper
handling when printing and it lacks many plugins, like
ABP.  Also, it choked on an online java game - despite
the claim that it has java built in to it.  Overall,  I liked
it.  You cannot get it on Synaptic. Use this link

http://www.icewalkers.com/Linux/download-google-chrome.html

Good luck, Howard
--
Howard Haradon