[SATLUG] sound/volume control

Herb Cee hc at lookcee.com
Wed Dec 9 18:46:02 CST 2009

Cheryl Holmes wrote:
> thanks so much herb!  i can always count on EXACT snd perfect info from you
> and I really do appreciate it.  while i had your email open i went straight
> to synaptic, found what you told me exactly and installed it!
>
> thanks again..c

Very welcome Cheryl I knew it would be easier for you if you knew where
to find it. You may also be interested in installing both  gnome-panel
and gnome-alsamixer.

gnome-panel has a gear icon and it produces you a dialog box and a list
of installed programs, select one and it launches the application. Ends
the wondering where the program launcher is hiding.

gnome-alsamixer winds up in the App-menu and it breaks out all the
controllable functions the installed sound card/chip has. allows you a
slide control on each function. The quad surround chip on my box has a
ton of settings half of which I haven't a clue but it allowed me to
record from the chip capture devise when I wanted to and had not been
able to get it to work. Anyway it may help ya some.

Both are listed in Synaptic.
hh