[SATLUG] The Great Netbook Search

Daniel J. Givens daniel at rugmonster.org
Thu Dec 10 06:16:52 CST 2009

On Dec 10, 2009, at 1:21 AM, Lamont Doss <lamont_doss at satx.rr.com>
wrote:

> Im looking into purchasing a netbook.
> My requirements include a standard sized keyboard, high-resolution
> display, and Linux (openSuse) friendly.
> Suggestions?--

Sounds more like you want a subnotebook.

I believe the Dells have the highest possible screen resolution. As
for keyboards, you aren't going to find a standard sized keyboard. I
have a MSI Wind U100 and it's keyboard is close, but not quite and it
has a 10" screen.

That said, my Wind is awesome. It's been an absolute dream, but don't
expect a whole lot out of any of the netbooks. Flash and full screen
video can be pretty terrible, but for browsing/mail/terminal needs,
it's fantastic.