[SATLUG] The Great Netbook Search

kcoriginal at yahoo.com kcoriginal at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 10 06:36:19 CST 2009

I found the HP to be the most solid and comfortable-feeling keyboard yet, amongst all the small sub, sub, sub-notebooks/netbooks.  HP has been producing tiny computers for a long time. I'm sure their engineers let out a collective (sigh) and a forehead slap when the market finally went ga-ga for the tiny computers. LOL

Also, my lady has the Dell 12 inch and it's very cool... BUT if you even MENTION keyboard in your requirements, then stay away from Dell's Mini(s), the 9 AND the 12 will drive you mad! The 9 has key re-arrangements and the 12 has a better layout but the keys are frustratingly too small. They are big enough that you WANT to "go to town" like you are on a full-size, but then you start to throwing it across the room...  (Well, they ARE durable!)

I give an honorable mention to the Acer One. It's just plain got a nice feel. But, I'd say it feels like silver, the HP feels like GOLD and all the others feel like coal in my stocking.

Give the sub-notebook suggestion some thought, but those are going to be 2-8 time the cost of a netbook. Remember, the netbooks are GUTTED.

I feel the HP was least-gutted... If you will. It just really feels solid all around.

Good luck! Hope you like whichever one you chose!

kc