[SATLUG] Call for a January Presentation

Daniel J. Givens daniel at rugmonster.org
Sun Dec 20 23:58:45 CST 2009

On Dec 20, 2009, at 11:29 PM, Tweeks <tweeksjunk2 at theweeks.org> wrote:

> On Sunday 20 December 2009 10:27:58 pm Daniel J. Givens wrote:
>> On Dec 20, 2009, at 9:36 PM, Benjamin Temple <temple_benjamin at hotmail.com
>>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I could do a presentation on Amazon EC2 running Linux.
>>
>> Boo!
>>
>> http://www.rackspacecloud.com/cloud_hosting_products/servers
>>
>> Yeah, I'm partial.
>
> Actually.. Ben.. I would love to maybe have you do an honest third
> part
> evaluation of EC2 and Cloud Servers.  Interested?  Contact me and
> I'll see if
> I can get you an evaluation setup for doing your comparisons..

That's a great idea. I personally haven't used EC2, so it would be
interesting to see a practical comparison of the two.

That also gives me an idea for a presentation on cloud storage (S3,
Cloud Files, etc). An overview of the services, practical uses and
utilities. Maybe Feb/Mar, once I've had a chance to settle in from the
move.