[SATLUG] Mounting Windows Share Read/Write

Ed Coates edcoates at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 10:49:44 CST 2009

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 10:19 AM, Channing <Channing.ML at channingc.com> wrote:
> The security of newer windows servers and Vista are different.  Here is one
> article on how to downgrade the M$ side to allow for mounting:
> http://www.builderau.com.au/blogs/codemonkeybusiness/viewblogpost.htm?p=339270746
>
> I should say that it's been some time since I went down this path and I have
> not vetted the link above, so if it's not 100% what you need, you may have
> to do a little more googling.
>
> Channing
Channing,

I looked at the article and it seemed to cover issues with mounting a
Linux Samba Share to a Vista machine.  I don't any issues there as I
can map my Linux home directory and have full access to it on the
Vista machine.  My problem is going in reverse.  I can get the C drive
mounted to the Linux server,  but get permission denied when trying to
write to it.

Ed