[SATLUG] HEB POS systems use Linux

Brian Lewis astro at astr0.org
Sat Dec 26 20:43:52 CST 2009

That's interesting.. When I worked at HEB back in ~2000 (at the Oak Park HEB AKA GucciB - Gotta love the 09ers ;) all of our POS were running Windows NT.. I remember specifically because one of the registers always crapped out and I would have to fix it by hooking up a normal keyboard to the PC and toying around until we figured it out. I'm wondering when they switched..

-b