[SATLUG] HEB POS systems use Linux

Herb Cee hc at lookcee.com
Sat Dec 26 22:12:15 CST 2009

      /History/ of Cash Registers and Retail /Point of Sale/ Systems
      <http://www.retailsystems.com/history-of-retail-pos-systems.cfm>

The /history/ of retail /point of sale/ systems began in an 1870s
Dayton, OH saloon. In 1879, the Ritty brothers patented their invention
as Ritty's *...

http://www.retailsystems.com/history-of-retail-pos-systems.cfm

I think BOA was first to use POS in mainframe IBM 705 late 1950s
hh
*