[SATLUG] HEB POS systems use Linux - Judson ISD

Don Davis dondavis at reglue.org
Sun Dec 27 07:59:58 CST 2009

Nate wrote:
> On 12/26/09 3:37 PM, Miguel Guhlin wrote:
>> The unencrypted message was that RedHatLinux is rumored to run on HEB
>> checkout machines. Too bad local schools don't follow suit, using
>> GNU/Linux
>> on the desktop to lower costs.
>>
>> Anyone supporting local GNU/Linux installs in schools in San Antonio?

I was trying to remember a school in San Antonio that was using diskless
workstations as part of a 'green' initiative.

The school district is Judson ISD as part of their green initiative:
http://www.judsonisd.org/district/technology/JudsonISDGreenComputingInitiative.cfm

I contacted them to discuss their experiences and received no reply. If
anyone does contact them or has contact to someone from Judson ISD, I
would like to speak with them. I will be presenting a talk at TCEA on
how LTSP can save schools money. I would like a few more first hand
accounts running thin clients.