[SATLUG] IE websites

country glenn.toothman at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 13:45:29 CST 2009

Frank, it is from ignorance and M$'s pushing their propriety software..

I worked at a Charter School, as their IT, I was asked to teach a course on
web creation, I got busy wrote about 3/4 of a book on the subject, and when
they reviewd it they said all they wanted to do was teach them to put a
picture there and add text type of work, I made the case about having to
understand html to be able to fix it, and to make it readable to all
browsers.

I fought the ignorance and was glad to leave that assignment, not only that
but reporting statistics in a less than real manner.

On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 1:41 PM, Bruce Dubbs <bruce.dubbs at gmail.com> wrote:

> Frank Huddleston wrote:
>
>  I just ran across an article from the Elance blogs that addressed the
>> topic of testing one's pages and sites for different browsers. You might
>> find it helpful.
>> It's at
>> http://www.elance.com/p/blog/2009/09/9_tools_for_multi_browser_web_development.html
>>

> Why not just make the pages standard html.
>
> http://validator.w3.org/
>
> If you don't make the pages standard, the browser has to guess.  I've yet
> to find a standard page that won't render properly with the exception that
> older MS browsers don't do CSS spacing properly in every case.
>
>  -- Bruce

Ft. Leonard Wood '65
Ft. Devens '65-'66
138th Avn Co (RR) 66-67