[SATLUG] IE websites

Nate pixelnate at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 14:43:08 CST 2009

On 12/30/09 1:52 PM, Michael wrote:
> Peter Cross wrote:
>
>> are you able to use flash on something that old? lol
>>

> I would have to guess that the answer is yes since there is a add-on
> called "flashblock" that I use with the browser.  I find flash a waste
> of bandwidth.  Porn sites and childish amateurs use all of that flash
> garbage.  If I ever do come across a site that uses flash and I think I
> might enjoy, I have the option of enabling flash just for that site.
> However, I always email the webmaster and let him/her know what I think
> of flash usage.

And I am sure that they jump at the opportunity to bend over backwards
for somebody who refuses to join the web surfing community at large.

It's fine if you're a zealot and refuse to run modern software on
principle, just don't expect everyone else to join your crusade.
Contrary to what you might think, there is a lot you can do with Flash
that cannot be accomplished with javascript.

It's that same mentality that keeps people from upgrading IE 6 to a
browser more capable of rendering web content.

~Nate