[SATLUG] IE websites

Nate pixelnate at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 16:23:24 CST 2009

On 12/30/09 4:16 PM, Herb Cee wrote:

> Yeah Mike I think you and Nate have nailed it as far as the browser
> option I think Cheryl was guessing (I haven't asked her) that it was
> designed only for IE She and I are both frustrated by this problem and
> being fairly programmer illiterate we just muddle onward. Often
> instructions on a site are almost hidden and yes it is so frustrating
> to have a dialog box that is non sizable and the bottom where you
> agree or choose is below the screen view and there is just no way to
> view it.

This is the constant fight for the leaders of the web standards
movement. Sadly the problems still exist that frustrate handicapped
users. Truth be told, it is hard, even for those of us that try to
maintain full accessibility, to hit all those goals every time. There
are a lot a checkboxes to tick to hit full 501c3 compatibility.

> sigh, bitch, whine, grrrrrrr.

Yup. If you encounter a site that gets a lot of public use and is
generally handicap inaccessible, you could get a group of similar users
to put together a class action lawsuit. It worked for getting Target's
website modified.

~Nate