[SATLUG] OT: selling a laptop, wifi card & docking station

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 14:47:11 CST 2009

David Kowis wrote:
> I have a Dell Latitude C800 with a docking station, two batteries and
> two floppy drives for sale. The floppy drives go in where the batteries
> go, so you could wield dual floppies, dual batteries, or one of each. It
> comes in a big ol' laptop bag that will very much keep it padded.
>
> I don't really need this laptop any more, so I'm selling it along with
> an Atheros pcmcia wifi card. It's a Netgear something or other but I
> know it works with madwifi, so it works great in linux. The laptop is a
> bit older, but it's got a 1600x1200 screen, and it was running Source
> Mage just fine until I wiped the harddrive.
>
> Anyways, I haven't had luck selling computer stuff on craigslist, so I'm
> going to spam the mailing list :)
>
> $125 would be nice, but I'm willing to negotiate a bit.
>
> It's all going together, because I don't have any use for the PCMCIA
> card, and I don't have any use for the docking station without the
> laptop. OH, the docking station is all detected in linux. So you can
> utilize the network adaptor on the docking station as well as the other
> ports.

I don't have a need for this, but you don't say what the processor speed, memory
size, or hard disk size is.

I do have a C840 that runs both XP (for work :( ) and LFS very well. I also have
a madwifi based pcmcia card of the system and it also works great.

This seems to be a very good deal at $125.

   -- Bruce