[SATLUG] OT : boot media for old systems

Mike Swearingen mswearingen at hctc.coop
Mon Feb 2 15:46:33 CST 2009

Maybe this will help

http://www.vintage-computer.com/osborneexecutive.shtml

-----Original Message-----
From: satlug-bounces at satlug.org [mailto:satlug-bounces at satlug.org] On Behalf Of John D Choate
Sent: Monday, February 02, 2009 3:27 PM
To: The San Antonio Linux User's Group Mailing List
Subject: [SATLUG] OT : boot media for old systems

My uncle passed away last November and in the process of my aunt clearing out his MASSIVE accumulation of electronics, I acquired lots of computer stuff.

Among the stuff is an old Osborne Executive computer which still works. However I did not find, or search thoroughly for, any boot media. Does anyone have old 5.25" system boot floppies for an Osborne system? Not that I actually need to run this system, but I would like to be able to do more than just have it ask for a boot disk.

Also rescued from the massive piles of electronics gear is a TRS-80 Model 100 portable (the last system old Billy G. actually wrote code for). It works and I actually pushed some 27 year-old cobwebs aside in my brain to remember enough Tandy BASIC to be able to run it in a loop displaying a message (worked on my first try, lol). Though the code was no more than:
10 print "Hello World"
20 goto 10
30 end

LOL, I know.. it will never even reach 30, but I couldn't resist including it. And yes, good old CTRL-C breaks the loop.