[SATLUG] RMS coming to town?

MKR mkr777 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 00:09:52 CST 2009

I sent a msg to rms. Got a auto-reply. Will let you know when he responds.

mkr

====

I am not on vacation, but I am at the end of a long time delay. I am
located somewhere on Earth, but as far as responding to email is concerned,
I appear to be well outside the solar system.

After your message arrives at gnu.org, I will collect it in my next batch of
incoming mail, some time within the following 24 hours. I will spend much
of the following day reading that batch of mail and will come across your
message at some point. If I can write a response for it immediately, the
response will go out in the next outgoing batch--typically around 24 hours
after I collected your message, but occasionally sooner or later than that.
As a result, you should expect a minimum delay of between 24 and 48 hours in
seeing any response to your mail to me.

If you are having a conversation with me, please keep in mind that each
message you receive from me is probably a response to the mail you sent 24
to 48 hours earlier, and any subsequent mail you sent has not yet been seen
by me.

If you are in big hurry to speak with me, and one day's delay would be
a serious problem, you can ask my assistant to phone me. Send mail to
<rms-assist at gnu.org> saying what you would like to talk with me about,
and giving your telephone number. You can also call the Free Software
Foundation office at 617-542-5942 (weekday Boston business hours) and
ask them to phone me on your behalf.

If you aren't in such a hurry that phoning me is needed, please don't
bother contacting them; just send me mail directly. The message you
send me directly will reach me sooner than any message forwarded by
someone else. I will get back to you as soon as I can.

If you do not wish to receive this message ever again, please send a message
to rms-autoreply-control at gnu.org with the subject "OFF".
Otherwise, you might receive a reply like this one up to once a month.
====