[SATLUG] Re: SATLUG Digest, Vol 61, Issue 10

D Villarreal dvprogs at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 06:37:29 CST 2009

> From: Travis <travis+ml-satlug at subspacefield.org<travis%2Bml-satlug at subspacefield.org>
> >
> Subject: [SATLUG] organizing large numbers of files
> So I've got a large number of e-books that I want to sort, rename, and
> organize and I'm wondering if there is some kind of file manipulation
> program that would make this easier.  Is there anything that you would
> recommend?
>
> I'm looking at Midnight Commander and it looks like it might be useful
> for this purpose; anyone have any other suggestions?

For file organizing I like to keep a terminal running mc open, a smaller
terminal for syncing my disk writes, and depending on how many disks I am
working with, extra terminals open for other mc sessions. There are tools
for finding duplicates (fdupes is one). I use diff to compare files. I
suppose you're talking about pdf files, and there are utilities for
editing/merging those, etc. Good luck.