[SATLUG] Local Linux CD Sources

Arthur Hall art.hall at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 10 23:05:25 CST 2009

Ed,
Thanks for the offer.  I'm currently trying to figure out why the OS I downloaded from Leif Johnson's site won't load when I boot up an IBM Aptiva.  I'm trying to make it available to a refugee family our church is sponsoring.  The boot sequence is set to query the CD-RW first, then the floppy, then the hard drive.  Although the drive lights come on in the right sequence during startup, Ubuntu doesn't load and the Xandros on the hard drive loads instead.  I may have done something wrong in downloading the "Ubuntu-8.04-alternate-i386.iso" file, but everything seemed normal and the file sizes match.  As a relative newbie, I'll admit I'm stumped at this point.  I'd like to solve the mystery, but taking you up on your offer may make more sense timewise.  If you have any ideas, I'd love to try them out.  Thanks again.
Art Hall