[SATLUG] Local Linux CD Sources

John D Choate jdchoate at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 02:09:32 CST 2009

On Tuesday 10 February 2009 23:05:25 Arthur Hall wrote:
> I may have done something wrong in downloading the
> "Ubuntu-8.04-alternate-i386.iso" file, but everything seemed normal and the
> file sizes match.  As a relative newbie, I'll admit I'm stumped at this
> point.

Since you call yourself a 'relative newbie', I have a question regarding your
CD burning. Did you burn the .iso file straight to CD, or did you choose to
burn a CD Image in your burning software? In case you burned it straight to
CD, you will have to burn another disk using the create CD Image option and
select that .iso as the CD image.
If you knew that already, maybe the disk image you downloaded was corrupted
somehow.

John C.