[SATLUG] Local Linux CD Sources

John D Choate jdchoate at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 16:40:29 CST 2009

On Wednesday 11 February 2009 14:51:40 Howard Haradon wrote:
> >Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 21:05:25 -0800 (PST)
> >From: Arthur Hall <art.hall at sbcglobal.net>
> >Subject: Re: [SATLUG] Local Linux CD Sources
>        <satlug at satlug.org>
>
> >Ed,
> >Thanks for the offer.  I'm currently trying to figure out why the OS I downloaded from Leif Johnson's >site won't load when I boot up an IBM Aptiva.     <  SNIP  >
> >Art Hall
>
> Art,  It's never a good idea to get your software from Viking
> explorers.  I would stick to the distrowatch mirrors.  Try
> http://www.ubuntu.com/download/
>
> Good luck,  Howard
> --
> Howard Haradon
> San Antonio, TX  USA

It turns out that the .iso file was burned directly to CD as an .iso file. From what Art described to me, it is the Windows CD burning utility telling him 'files are ready to write to CD', etc. Art needs some help with burning a CD image from that .iso file. I am at work and do not have the time to go into details about how to do this.
If someone can help Art to use Nero or something else to write that CD image, that would be cool.

From Art earlier today:

"John,
I have Nero available, but I don't know how to get the downloaded file onto the hard drive.  The only evidence I have of the Ubuntu file's availability is the icon on the CD-RW screen.  If I click on Write to CD, it will use a Windows wizard and put me back where I started from.  I don't see an option that allows me to send it to the hard drive instead.  What am I missing here?  If I can get it on the hard drive, where do I put it?  Thanks.
Art"

I know this is not a Windows mailing list, but Art needs some pointers getting this Ubuntu image burned to CD.

John C.