[SATLUG] Computer Show

Justin Burdette justin.burdette at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 22:29:33 CST 2009

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 11:57 AM, John D Choate <jdchoate at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday 11 February 2009 21:53:03 Nathan wrote:
>> At the meeting tonight we starting talking about the March 14th Computer Show.
>>
>> Our focus for that show will be Accounting and Business software other then the standard 'Office' types. This could include Point Of Sale and Project Management software.
>>
>> For the May 30th show we started talking about 'control' software such as Don had one time running a model train or robotics.
>>
>> Nathan
>
> There is also financial software called HomeBank. I have never used it so I have no idea how good it is.
> http://homebank.free.fr/
>

> John C.

I know with absolute certainty that HEB's system is running on RedHat.
I was actually surprised to see that...most people never see a POS
unit booting up. One of my business clients has a program that
probably would run in WINE, but I'm not even going to guess how much
they pay for the software. Judging by how much the owner complains
about it, I'll assume it's pretty high.

Justin