[SATLUG] att and linux

Geoff geofff at w5omr.shacknet.nu
Wed Feb 18 05:08:53 CST 2009

Cheryl Holmes wrote:
> att is in bed with M$ so they will never support Linux.
>
> I have ATT and once even got to talk to a nice tech who also personally uses
> Linux.
>
> I run Hardy just fine, but some tips...you can't use their "new mail" with
> Linux, you have to use  Yahoo "Classic" mail with Linux.  I went to
> mail.yahoo.comm went to the inbox, in a new tab, then bookmarked it.  I
> leave the tab open and have it set to restore previously opened tabs
> everytime I open Firefox...cheryl

I've found it's easier to just have the mail at yahoo sent to my inbox
on my mail client.

This way, I don't have to go log into yahoo mail to get my mail... all
mailcomes to one place.

smtp and pop can be setup there as well, as long as you look at some
advertising crap.
gmail has the same feature.

adblock plus as an add-on for Firefox when you're out and about on the
world wide woller, spam-filting programs for you local client...

I'm just saying.. there are better ways.