[SATLUG] Scarry stuff...How to write a linux virus in 5 easy steps

David Kowis dkowis at shlrm.org
Thu Feb 19 11:29:12 CST 2009

Quoting "Todd W. Bucy" <toddwbucy at grandecom.net>:

> oops forgot to include the authors update to this article.
>
> http://www.geekzone.co.nz/foobar/6236
>
> Todd
>
> On Wed, 2009-02-18 at 21:32 -0600, Todd W. Bucy wrote:
>> ran across this and thought I would throw it out there for comments
>>
>> enjoy
>> Todd
>> http://www.geekzone.co.nz/foobar/6229

This is less an article on linux virii, and more an article about
exploiting Dumb Users(tm) and their windowing environments. But all
his points are valid. THere are security flaws and it just goes
further to show that security is only as strong as the weakest
link,(which is usually always the user.)

--
David Kowis
Source Mage Linux - www.sourcemage.org