[SATLUG] Debian 5, Lenny--interesting discovery

John Champion satlugacct at jchampion.com
Fri Feb 20 23:21:09 CST 2009

Hi,
I just wanted to share this. I downloaded Lenny from my new Sony Vaio FW235
laptop. I was in the process of folding clothes when I discovered it was
trying to install in Vista. I played along for a second and a couple of
screens later, Lenny had auto-configured my Vista machine to dual boot to
Vista and to the Debian Installer. Since I wasn't ready to install I tried
messing around with the installer. It seems very slick.

I am going to try installing it completely tomorrow. Does anyone have any
input before I finish off this "accidental" install?

Thanks
john