[SATLUG] usb to serial adapter

FIRESTORM_v1 firestorm.v1 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 01:15:46 CST 2009

After thinking about it, use minicom to test it.

Ctrl A then z to get to the setup menu.
O for Configure Minicom
S for Serial Port setup
A to set the device. (/dev/ttyUSB0 should be good.
E to set up serial port comm parameters
<enter> to exit the menus

try your AT commands and see if your modem responds
ATDT 2262161   (dial Time and Temp)
ATA           (Answer the ringing phone)
ATH           (Hang up) *never could get this to work, usually had to
reset the modem. :P

Try calling your landline BEFORE you set your caller ID command and
see if you get "RING" coming from the modem.

Hang up, try your callerID command (what is it? something like AT+VCID=1?)
and try calling again.  If all is well, you should see RING then your
caller ID info.

Hope that helps!

FIRESTORM_v1