[SATLUG] Update on the RMS Visit and Lecture at Trinity

Don Wright satlug at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 23 09:23:12 CST 2009

On Sun, 22 Feb 2009 22:18:45 -0600, Bruce Dubbs <bruce.dubbs at gmail.com>
wrote:

>Tweeks wrote:
>> I've been in communication with RMS and the Trinity rep... and here's the
>> latest info on his April talk on Copyrights at Trinity:
>> 	http://www.fsf.org/events/20090420sanantonio/

>> I will be collecting the RSVPs for XCSSA.  You SATLUGgers might want to do the
>> same and just have one rep contact the Trinity person for getting you group
>> seating.  The trinity PoC is in that link above.

>If its the same auditorium that Strostrup gave his presentation, it's pretty
>large -- I'd say about 150 seats.  The announcement says its open to the public
>and it looks like no RSVP is needed.

Chapman Auditorium has 254 seats according to the interactive campus map
(flash required). If RMS is really a rock star, then Laurie has about 10
times that.

Previous list traffic indicates Todd Bucy <toddwbucy at grandecom.net> has
been in contact with Trinity and is accumulating a headcount.  --Don

--
Cry 'Yvahk' and let slip the GNUs of war!
  --Don 391925f6