[SATLUG] happy 2009

Geoff/W5OMR w5omr at att.net
Thu Jan 1 08:45:11 CST 2009

mike wrote:
> to all my friends in the SATLUG. Hope your year up coming will be a
> good one.
>
> Mike WN5PMR

"Today"
(G.Edmonson)

Today, I was /*ABLE*/, to;
wake up,
walk,
talk
and bitch about things I can NOT change.

Today, I am too Blessed to be Stressed!

My wish for 2009 to everyone is that when you start wondering what
you're doing, where you are, and what your goals are and in general
feeling sorry for yourself, stop and remind yourself
1)  I am alive.
2) I have a place to live
3) I have the means to feed myself.
4) I can complain, but why?

It's a matter of perspective.  The fact that you have a place to live
and a job, and you're reading this on a computer screen means that you
are better than 90% of the people in the world.

Bless the American troops overseas who have volunteered to keep our
country safe.

For me, it's as simple as, I have a roof over my head, food in the
fridge/freezer/pantry and bills are being paid, because I'm working.

Everything else is subsequential. (like that one? ;->)
In other words, cover the basics.  Let the rest worry about itself.

Life is good!

Happy New Year, y'all!
Geoff/W5OMR & Rhonda/KE5YKQ