[SATLUG] DVD not play, broken Volume Control

herb cee hc at lookcee.com
Thu Jan 1 12:55:41 CST 2009

Todd W. Bucy wrote:
> herb cee wrote:
>> John D Choate wrote:

>>> You might need to install libdvdcss2.
>>> Or just try to install libdvdcss.
>>>
>> John when I search the Synaptic package manager I get no results for
>> these packages and I have repositories: Main, universe, restricted &
>> multiverse selected. Is there someplace else to get one or both?
> you need to add the medibuntu repository to get libdvdcss
>
> Todd
Hey thanks Todd that fixed the dvd player. I still have not been able to
fix the Gnome Volume Control tho. So far I have reinstalled all 30 of
the packages that were showing as installed for Gnome and the Synaptic
did DL 60 files but still when launching the vol-ctl I get:
"Failed to execute child process "gnome-volume-control" (No such file or
directory)"
Todd I just am not smart enough to know what that means or how to fix
it. I claim MS refugee status ( forced to be my own SA in Linux to avoid
slavery and torture by MS)
lol, happy newyear
Any further help will be much appreciated