[SATLUG] DVD not play, broken Volume Control

herb cee hc at lookcee.com
Thu Jan 1 15:12:08 CST 2009

> Try to reinstall gnome-media
> I am not an ubuntu user, so I am referring to rpm package names. But when I search for 'gnome-volume-control rpm', I get referred to 'gnome-media'.
> Good luck.
>
> John C.

John I found the DL for 'gnome media' and now it now shows in the SPMgr.
index.  However, when I ask it to install it again asks for the install
CD and neither of the three work I get this message:
W: Failed to fetch cdrom:[Ubuntu 8.04 _Hardy Heron_ - Release i386
(20080422.2)]/pool/main/g/gst-plugins-base0.10/gstreamer0.10-alsa_0.10.18-3_i386.deb

I looked at properties and neither of the CDs show this (20080422.2)as a
serial #
Anyway neither of the 3 CDs work so leaves me baffled. I think I will
try to search the Server edition of the CDs for
<<gstreamer0.10-alsa_0.10.18-3_i386.deb>> cause I think that is the CD I
used since this rig is the main server to the other 2 rigs. I think I
have the Desktop on one sta. and MSME on the other.
Thanks
herb