[SATLUG] Kernel Issues for 8.10

Ernest De Leon edeleonjr at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 15:23:24 CST 2009

I was just wondering if anyone else ran into some issues with installing
Ubuntu 8.10 on certain hardware. I was attempting to install it on a Toshiba
notebook for a friend and it would consistently drop into terminal mode
(non-GUI) and show kernel issues...I can't remember the exact error now, but
I did find it on the Ubuntu forums as a prevalent problem having to do with
the newest kernel. I burned an 8.04 cd real fast and that installed without
issues (obviously an older kernel rev.) I'm not even sure that 8.10 is that
much better than 8.04, but I like to have the newest 'stable' (apparently
not in this case) version installed when I give it to other people. 8.04 is
working like a charm.

Ernest