[SATLUG] kismet configuartio

riugakusei at aim.com riugakusei at aim.com
Sat Jan 3 00:59:45 CST 2009

hi am atrying to get kismet workin on my laptop... am running? a dell 1505 miniwireless card.../
?Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4328 802.11a/b/g/n (rev 03) .running suse 11.0.. i looked aorund n says its its not supported.. but there is always a way around.. any ideas hints gladly appreciate it
?on kismet.conf i have my sources like this
source: b43,wlan0,broadcom

linux-i7g3:~ # vim /etc/kismet.conf
linux-i7g3:~ # !ki
kismet
Launching kismet_server: /usr/bin/kismet_server
Suid priv-dropping disabled.? This may not be secure.
No specific sources given to be enabled, all will be enabled.
Non-RFMon VAPs will be destroyed on multi-vap interfaces (ie, madwifi-ng)
Enabling channel hopping.
Enabling channel splitting.
Source 0 (broadcom): Enabling monitor mode for b43 source interface wlan0 channel 6...
FATAL: Failed to set monitor mode: Invalid argument.? This usually means your drivers either do not support monitor mode, or use a different mechanism for getting to it.? Make sure you have a version of your drivers that support monitor mode, and consult the troubleshooting section of the README.
Done.