[SATLUG] Re: [XCSSA] Open Source Fest

Tweeks tweeksjunk2 at theweeks.org
Mon Jan 5 00:27:09 CST 2009

On Wednesday 31 December 2008 01:26:29 pm X-otic Computer Systems of San
Antonio wrote:
> Ok everyone...now is the time to step up and think about conducting a
> session/workshop.  Nathan is the only one that has volunteered thus
> far.  It would be great to have a session/workshop on sendmail.  The
> newbies class is always popular--any takers?

Hey Steve... I did one for XCSSA (at Rackspace) back in 2003.  It's listed in
the "XCSSA-files"  here:
	http://xcssa.org/files/

Here's the non-rackspace version of my Sendmail cheat sheet for the class:
	http://xcssa.org/files/sendmail-cheat-sheet-NONRACK.pdf

> We need to get
> sessions/workshops/sponsors locked in soon--it is possible we will get
> some real advertising this year, but we need a good offering locked in
> soon.

I believe that I also gave a sendmail session back at either the 2003 or 2004
OSFest (IIRC).. That's the first time that I met "Dr. Bruce"... when he
attended my intro sendmail session and critiqued me from the rear of the
class wit his signed copy of the O'Reilly Sendmail book.. hehe.. Talk about
being on the spot.. hehe..

I might also be able to get one of my counterparts from Mailtrust (division of
Rackspace) to also do a piece on Postfix that we could maybe dovetail (no pun
intended) together with my sendmail session.

Let me know what you're lookingfor Steve..

Tweeks