[SATLUG] Weird PhpMyAdmin problem

Travis Runty trunty at linuxismybff.com
Fri Jan 16 07:33:50 CST 2009

In regards to the phpinfo I posted earlier, those lines can be in an HTML
file, however, they can also be put into a PHP file with no additional
directives.  Also, if he is getting a download when visiting the page
./phpmyadmin then I suspect that his apache is already configured for this
directory (it is serving the content, just not rendering it on the page).  I
still think a simple phpinfo.php test page with the tags I previously
provided is the simplest route to test php's functionality without knowing
your actual distribution, however, I do suspect that php is either not
installed or configured correctly.

Please let us know how it goes.

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 9:38 PM, Luis Garza <luis at luisgarza.com> wrote:

> Those three lines need to be in an html document like phpinfo.html
>
> You may want to check if your apache is setup correctly to use php.
>
> I would suggest that you use the graphical package management tool to
> verify and/or install all the php "plugins" needed for apache to use and run
> php scripts.
>
> Questions:  What flavor of Linux?  Do any other CGI scripts work; like
> perl?  Do other php scripts work; like wordpress or drupal?
>
> If they do then I would suggest that you look in the apache/http config
> files.  There should be a DIRECTIVE for the myphpadmin directory.
>
> If you have any more questions, please feel free to post/ask.

> Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2009 9:01:32 PM
> Subject: Re: [SATLUG] Weird PhpMyAdmin problem
>
> Have you confirmed that php is indeed installed?  To be certain PHP is
> working correctly you can create a simple phpinfo page.
>
> <?php
>
> phpinfo ();
>
> ?>
>

> And verify that it comes up ok...  Also, if you added php after you got the
> initial DL be sure that you dump your browser cache before you try it
> again.
>

> On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 4:04 PM, Benjamin Temple <
> temple_benjamin at hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Hello all,
> > I am having a weird problem with PhpMyAdmin on my server running Debian
> > Linux 4. When I go to the correct url (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/phpmyadmin) (X's
> > represent IP of server), I get a file download box asking me if I want to
> > download a file called "phpmyadmin" that is 6.18KB from the server's IP.
> > cannot actually get the PhpMyAdmin pages in my web browser. Please help
> he
> > fix this. Thanks in advance!
> > Regards,
> > Benjamin Temple