[SATLUG] Where else is FiOS?

Dale Crummie dacrummie at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 22:47:33 CST 2009

Well you'll probably get there before we do here in SA, TW has this town
locked down in exclusivity **contracts that keep City Council real happy to
maintain.  Hopefully one day we'll get some people in office that don't live
in the right neighborhoods and something will be done.

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 9:16 PM, Geoff <geofff at w5omr.shacknet.nu> wrote:

> Got this from a friend in Garland, TX.  Included me in a blanket "I've
> changed my email address from xyz to abc" message.
>
> I inquired about his "T-100" line...
>
> > well, it's Verizon's FiOS system. They upgraded their DSL to fiber
> > optics. It's not everywhere yet. We waited 2 years to make it into our
> > neighborhood. I got the bundled package to save a few $$. Was on
> > DirecTV and Time Warner phone and internet. This saves me about $100 a
> > month and the performance is GREATLY improved. Picture is better and
> > much more reliable than DirecTV. There is only so much bandwidth and
> > signal strength from a satellite 23,000 miles away. When DirecTV went
> > to 100 channels od HD, something had to give. Fiber optics doesn't
> > have the BW issues that DirecTV does. Internet is way faster, too.
>
> Question is:
> Where else is this available?
>
> -Geoff (Baja Spring, TX [aka North Houston])

Dale Crummie
US Army (Vet)
SOCOM CTU