[SATLUG] XCSSA Meeting: Hardware Hacking Night (Mon, Jan 19th, 7pm)
tweeksjunk2 at theweeks.org
Sat Jan 17 12:30:08 CST 2009
Xtoic Computer Systems of San Antonio *
(* this email is best viewed in fixed fonts)
More exciting demos and presentations this month.
First up.. the show-n-tell presentation:
Christmas Light Microcontroller Hardware and Software Design
By Charles Strang
Charles will be covering how he designed and built his computer and
microcontroller controlled Christmas yard light display, and reviewing the
technologies used to do so. He will be touching on:
* d-light AC-8 controller display
* Quick (5-10 mins) show of how the sequencing software works
* Quick demo of the board working
* Display of a show-ready controller "box"
* Display of the 6432 LED matrix display controller board
* LPFM transmitter display
(links on the web site http://xcssa.org/archives/XCSSA_2009-01-19.html)
Other show-n-tell topics:
* "Singing Hard Drive" by Fredrik
* "Balancing Bot" Robot (using propeller uC), By Fredrik
* Demo of running HDloader and Linux on a Sony PS2
* discussions on basic AC/DC electronics and analog power supply design
That's about it for Monday night (or all that was reported in). See the web
site link above for related links to the topics being discussed.
As always, we'll be at our regular meeting place, int the basement (room 025)
of the Nail Technical Center on San Antonio College Campus at 7pm. Map here:
Hope to see you there!
President of XCSSA.ORG
More information about the SATLUG