[SATLUG] Panasonic CF-M33

Borries Demeler demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Tue Jan 20 07:14:48 CST 2009

> > You don't say the type/speed of the CPU, but you don't mention a CD.
> > Something that old would probably not be able to boot from a USB port,
> > so you'd have to load from floppy.  You might want to try Tom's Root
> > Boot Floppy - http://www.toms.net/rb/ - and see if it will boot that.
> >
> > If that works, it looks like a good candidate for Linux From Scratch.

I agree, you will have to use one of the floppy disk approaches.
I know some of the older Slackware distros (maybe around version 3)
would definitely work on such a platform, but of course they are
very outdated, but maybe you could bootstrap from there. I like
Bruce's approach best - a limited LFS system maybe the best solution here.
First find a boot floppy that actually boots and detects the hardware
on your system, then go from there.

-b.