[SATLUG] Free WiFi and the law

Samuel Leon satlug at net153.net
Tue Jan 20 17:34:56 CST 2009

Well I finally got around to calling Grande (the isp).  The tech I
talked to says that he has never heard anyone ask the questions that I
asked.  He stated that to his knowledge, very little liability would be
held to the customers of Grande, unless they knowingly were committing
the crime.  He gave me the email of the legal department.  The legal
department told me that they don't consult customers :p

I think I will stick to my original idea and just use a firewall distro
and log every address and url.

Sam