[SATLUG] Re: Cron issues with strange sudo twist

Marc Ripley misteratomic at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 22:04:08 CST 2009

Interesting thing:
If I run the arecord as su "sudo" it works from a remote login.  So
evidently some hardware access permissions which are available in gome
sessions but not in cron or remote sessions work as a superuser.  I
dont know how to use this discovery to resolve my issue.  I don't want
to run the jobs under a root cron because the files will not be owned
by my log in user ID.

Suggestions?

--
Marc