[SATLUG] Video Cards

redpill toddwbucy at grandecom.net
Wed Jul 1 13:51:42 CDT 2009

Great now Im having probs with my system's vid card.  this all started
when I decided late yesterday to reconfigure my Mythbox.  I am running
Ubuntu 9.04 and everything runs fine until I install the nvidia drivers.
(I have tried this both with the Ubuntu restricted drivers install
utility and with the envyng utility and while both installed the video
driver properly they both disabled my sound card.  I have double checked
all of my sound settings under alsa and nothing is muted.  Once I
un-install the video driver I get my sound back.  Not sure where to
start troubleshooting this one.  Anyone have any ideas?

Todd