[SATLUG] Free Used Equipment

Arthur Hall art.hall at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 2 12:34:28 CDT 2009

A few weeks ago, Bill Armstrong posted an offering I couldn't refuse.  I needed more PCs and spare parts for outfitting refugee families with computers.  I have "cherry picked" the kinds of equipment and spares that I think will be needed for a while.  The rest of the equipment is more advanced or not appropriate to their needs (or I don't know how to "work" them).  It's fairly well separated and available on a first come, first served basis.  Please contact me off the list for details and availability.  I have included part of Bill's original posting (with my updates) to give you an idea of what's there.  Please help us get our garage back.  Thanks.
Art

"I have 5 Compaq 1600r servers [there are 3 1600Rs] with the raid cards and memory and some [3] Compaq 1850R's with Hard drives and memory. I have Video cards, network cards, cables of all sorts, SCSI cards ISA and PCI, a couple of old monitors [gone to refugees], 2 Dell Servers 4300 and I think the other is a 4600 [it's a 4400] and both are on wheels and I have spare parts for them. I have two Dell 2400's running Ubuntu 8.04
but I am waiting to see if another person wants those servers. If not,
then they are yours. ["Another person" must have wanted them.]  I should have some wireless cards and switches."