[SATLUG] Jobs

Cheryl Holmes cherylholmes72 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 01:18:40 CDT 2009

Yep, retail or fast food places are about it for jobshere, maybe hotels for
housekeepping, health care workers like nurses aids type jobs where you work
for an agency who has employees who do home health care.  Unfortunately most
jobs here will will low paying and for people w/o training or skills.
That's just how our job market is.

I think the suggestion to get your car diagnosed at the dealer was a good
one.  If they repair it, yes it will be more expensive, but I'm finding they
will negotiate price more now days than before according to family members
who have car problems from time to time.  Dealers offer a longer more
extensive warranty too.

Keep in mind, when a tranny is repaired, or rebuilt as they call it, ONLY
the bad parts are rebuilt, not the entire tranny.  Many times the new parts
will create problems for the remaining old existing parts that will make it
go out again fairly soon.  When that happens you have yet another HUGE
repair bill since that particular part wasn't repaired/replaced.  At most
shops if not all except for the dealer, they will only cover the actual
parts they replaced if the tranny goes out again.  Tranny repair is very
labor intensive and very costly.  I think my sister or my Mom said that
repair shops egenrally charge $110.00/hr now and that's not for the actual
time they have worked on your charge.  They look it up in a book and charge
what the book says to charge even itf it took 10 minutes, they will charge
you 1 hour.

Sister had her tranny replaced by the Chrysler dealer in NB and she never
ever had another issue with it...she had a brand new one installed though,
not a rebuilt one.

I hope you have good airconditioning in that car too.  You'll need it to
live here. c