[SATLUG] multipath issues on SLES 10SP2.

Enrique Sanchez Vela esanchezvela at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 8 16:06:59 CDT 2009

--- On Tue, 7/7/09, John Pappas <j at jvpappas.net> wrote:

> How do the current results differ from the expected?
> Again, not sure what I
> am troubleshooting here, so please advise...
>
> Thanks,
> jp
> --

thanks for taking a look, it is not too late yet...

given that the setup was the same, I expected to see the friendly name (/dev/mapper/mpathXX) as the output of pvs command on both servers.

In this case the machine with the older kernel was showing the proper output while the one with the newer one was not, I updated the one with the oldest kernel (and behaving correctly) to the point where the output of the "rpm -qa" command matches on both boxes and still shows the proper name.

thanks again,
enrique.