[SATLUG] Changing Creation Time of Multiple Photos

Gino Mancillas sirgasolots at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 17:15:12 CDT 2009

I have two sets of photos taken on a field trip.  Sadly, however, while my
camera had the correct date and time the teacher's camera reset to January
1, 2005 when he replaced the batteries.

Remarkably, though, I found two pictures from the different cameras that
were taken at seemingly the same time.  The creation time of one picture's
EXIF data reads *April 26, 2009 08:52:56* but the other picture's EXIF data
reads *January 1, 2005 14:16:26*.  According to
Wolfram|Alpha<http://www19.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=April+26%2C+2009+08%3A52%3A56+-+January+1%2C+2005+14%3A16%3A26&a=TimeAMOrPM_am>the
time difference is
*4 years  3 months  24 days  18 hours  36 minutes  30 seconds*.

Is there a way to change EXIF data of multiple files and their modification
dates by *4 years  3 months  24 days  18 hours  36 minutes  30 seconds*?  I
know the "touch" command can change the modification dates, but not the EXIF
data.  I'm also not sure how to use the "touch" command to adjust multiple
files.

Thanks in advance,
-Gino