[SATLUG] Changing Creation Time of Multiple Photos

John D Choate jdchoate at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 20:16:40 CDT 2009

> Is there a way to change EXIF data of multiple files and their modification
> dates by *4 years  3 months  24 days  18 hours  36 minutes  30 seconds*?  I
> know the "touch" command can change the modification dates, but not the EXIF
> data.  I'm also not sure how to use the "touch" command to adjust multiple
> files.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> -Gino

Hmmm... that's a tough one. But one quirky solution may be the following, though the exif data will not be accurate.
Using Gwenview, you can not only edit exif data, but you can import exif data from other images to those which do not have exif data, or to change the existing data.
So... maybe you can use one image as a reference and import its exif data into all of the other images, then just modify the time of day without having to modify the date. If both cameras being used were the same model and and set to the same configuration, this would work very well. Except, of course, exposure time and aperture settings will not show accurately, etc. If the cameras are different and/or were set to different configurations, the modified/imported exif data will show completely b.s. data...

I will keep looking for an exif editor which can do batch jobs... I could use that myself.

John C.