[SATLUG] Re: New user requests advice.

Herb Cee hc at lookcee.com
Thu Jul 9 18:32:23 CDT 2009

Geoff wrote:

>> I've been trying to understand this...  My explanation might sound
>> simplistic, but bear with me... let's talk the same language and I
>> -think- we can get through this.
>>

> and, through all of that, I forgot to mention that the computer connects
> to the DSL modem from the Network Interface card (nic) with a cable that
> has RJ-45 plugs on each end.
>
> sorry
>
> -Geoff

Geoff he is talking about a splitter plug that splits the line into a
filter that allows the Phone on one RJ-11 plug and the modem input to
another RJ-11 to a dual use DSL line and i suspect it is older phone
giving the feedback tru the filter to the ring circuit.

So I do not use that filter I only plug in what I am using either the
puter or the phone.
Got it?
herb